The first step to a brilliant event
What chemistry makes an event brilliant? We think it’s about people, atmosphere, and – like a swan gliding gracefully whilst paddling furiously under the water – the great planning & organisation that your guests, attendees or visitors rarely see. We know this because we love events and we know how hard you work to make your event great. Simply put, we’d love to host and be part of your extended team when you’re planning your next one. If you have a couple of minutes, we’ll tell you more…
Mind Reading, Part 1
We’ll go out on a limb here, this is what we think you want from a venue:
- A stunning, impressive venue.
- Plenty of space.
- Great transport links.
- Choice of refreshments.
- AV equipment, WiFi and event stationary all taken care of.
- Freedom to bring in your own suppliers as well as excellent recommended suppliers.
- An outstanding, experienced & friendly venue team.
- A venue that wants to make it easy for you.
How did we do?
If that sounds like a good thing, this what you can expect from us:
- Grade II* listed venue in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a choice of gorgeously decorated rooms to impress your guests.
- Nearby train and bus links to Leeds & Bradford, so it’s easy to get here.
- Our excellent team to help plan your event.
- Flexibility and clear pricing.
- Our Daily Delegate Packages to make budgeting easy.
- A deposit of 50% or £500 (whichever is lower) to hold your booking, for easy peace of mind.
- Clear confirmation emails with breakdown of room layouts, timings, etc.
- Excellent recommended suppliers or you can choose your own*.
- Our excellent team on hand throughout your day – you’re in safe hands!
And there’s more…
We want to look after you, so as a bonus you can also look forward to:
If you’re looking for a hotel for your team or your delegates, we’ve arranged a discounted offer for you with a fabulous nearby hotel.
Daily Delegate Rate - Summer Special!
We’re offering 20% discount off our Daily Delegate Rate for new corporate meetings and conferences booked at Victoria Hall before 30th August 2017. (subject to terms and conditions)
A welcome tray of tea, coffee and nibbles awaits to start your day!
Space for you to drop off / collect the essentials before and after your event, so you hit the ground running and head home quickly to get your feet up.
Mind-reading Part 2
If we were to guess the top ten questions you might have about hiring Victoria Hall, they would be these:
Q1: How much does it cost to hire the venue?
Our daily delegate rate (DDR) include all the essentials for conference events. If you’d like something simpler or more bespoke, please email us. Our DDR is £30 / delegate, and includes the following:
- Use of main room from 0800 – 1730hrs
- Data projector & screen
- Microphone & sound system (generally only needed for larger rooms)
- Flipchart & pens
- Delegate stationary (pads, pencils & name cards)
- Table water
- Venue WiFi
- Welcome tea & coffee with breakfast muffins
- Morning refreshments (tea, coffee & biscuits)
- 2 course finger buffet lunch and refreshments
- Afternoon refreshments (tea, coffee & biscuits)
DDR Rates exclude VAT & minimum numbers per room will apply.
Q2: I'd like to see more of the rooms!
Q3: Do you have parking and accommodation?
Q4: How are the acoustics for the rooms & what AV do you offer?
Q5: How's your WiFi?
Q6: Do I have to arrange my own catering?
Our Daily Delegate Rate (DDR) packages include a finger buffet lunch menu, but we can swap this for an alternative if you’d prefer. You’re also welcome to arrange your own catering, if you’d prefer. If you’re organising your own catering, we have a wonderful range of Recommended Suppliers to help you, but you’re not obliged to use any of them. The only exception is our licensed in-house bar, which must be used for all events which serve alcohol. If your caterer doesn’t know the venue already, we ask that they come down beforehand to get a clear idea of the space available, and for them to fill out our Catering Policy & Application Form.
Q7: I don't generally use historical venues, won't it be cold?
Only if you leave all the doors open! We invested around £100k in two new boilers since 2012 and have a programmed system so we can plan heating in advance. We check the temperature before you come in and we can adjust it if you’d like us to (it normally takes about 30 minutes to filter through from the boiler). (We’re kidding about the doors, we generally leave the main front doors open and the second set with glass windows closed, and this keeps us nice and toasty on chilly days.)
Q8: How many people can you hold?
Q9: Can you help promote my event?
Q10: What key information do I need to know about hiring you?
We’ve compiled our key FAQ of practical information for hiring the venue – just ask if we’ve not covered something!
Q11: One more question! Why should we choose Victoria Hall for our event?
Tempting, but want more assurances?
We want you to be confident about booking Victoria Hall, so here’s our guarantee. When you provisionally book the venue, we’ll keep your date for up to 2 weeks. You can come back and see the rooms again, chat with friends or colleagues, ask any other questions and make a clear decision as to whether we’re a good fit for your event. To hold the date and confirm the booking, we ask for a 50% or £500 deposit of the booking value (whichever is the lower), with the balance of your whole booking due 4 weeks prior to the event. We ask for final numbers for teas, coffees and lunch 5 working days prior to give our caterers time to plan.
It’s really easy to get started. Call us on 01274 327305 (our office hours are normally Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm) or email us on email@example.com to check dates, have a brochure posted out to you or arrange a site visit. We can often do site visits during evenings and weekends too. Just so you know, there’s no obligation with our site visits! It’s just a chance for you to get to know us and Victoria Hall, and see if we’re a good fit for your event. Once you’ve booked a site visit or called us, we would:
- Show you around the venue or have a chat by phone. By the end of this, you’ll have a fair idea of which rooms you prefer.
- We’ll check if the rooms are available and give you alternative rooms/dates if they aren’t, and an idea of the cost of your booking based on the information you’ve given us.
- If you’re happy, we’ll provisionally book the rooms for you for a fortnight.
- Let us know when you’re ready to confirm the booking and we’ll invoice for your deposit – once it’s paid, the date is yours!
- We’ll work with you in the lead up to your event to confirm the details & send you your booking form with all the information concisely to hand.
- The balance of your booking is due four weeks prior to your event.
- If you’re booking catering through us, we’ll need final numbers 5 working days prior.
- On the day of your event, we’ll be the folks with a cup of tea and a smile for you, and the venue will be ready to impress your guests!
We get booked up pretty quickly on popular dates, so check your diary and email us or call on 01274 327305 to come and visit the venue. We can’t wait to meet you.