Congratulations, you two!
We get a little misty-eyes about weddings, and we know this stage can be a *lot* of fun as you dream and plan your wedding day.
We also know it can sometimes be a little full-on, as you figure out what you need to be aware of and how best to create the day you’ll adore (and how best to keep those relatives happy too!)
So, we’ll make the planning as easy as possible for you, and do everything we can to make your wedding ‘wow’.
Planning a wedding is a bit like baking a fabulous cake; every cake’s different, but there’s some key ingredients you’re likely to want.
We think these might be –
- A stunning venue to hold your day of celebration and love in front of friends & family.
- A great location, with a brilliant atmosphere and plenty of places to take gorgeous photographs.
- Someone to inspire and guide you through the planning process, listening carefully to what you want, and helping to make it all as easy as possible.
- Clear pricing and understanding of what’s included in your package.
- … with a few extras thrown in for good measure!
- Freedom to bring in your own suppliers as well as excellent recommended suppliers.
- An outstanding, friendly and experienced team.
- A venue that really cares about you and your wedding.
How does that sound?
If it’s music to your ears, then this is what you expect from us:
- Grade II* listed venue in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a choice of gorgeously decorated rooms and pretty front gardens; a fitting canvas for your wedding and impressive for your guests!
- We’re licensed for wedding and civil partnership ceremonies.
- We *get* weddings, we love them, we know what you need & we’ll look after you.
- Our packages include all the essential elements you’ll need.
- You have the freedom to choose your own suppliers for everything apart from drinks, which need to be through our licensed bar.
- We also have a brilliant list of recommended suppliers to help & inspire you.
- Saltaire has great trains and bus routes, so it’s easy for your guests to get here.
- You’ll just need a deposit of £500 to secure your booking, for easy peace of mind.
- We supply clear booking confirmations with breakdown of room layouts, timings, etc., so you know everything’s in hand.
- Our excellent team will be on hand throughout your day – you’re in safe hands!
And there’s more!
Seeing as it’s you…
We really want to look after you, so we offer all these extras for couples on our wedding packages.
Be part of Victoria Hall’s history with our ‘Wedding Wall’; your first names and the date of your wedding included on our cherry wood wedding wall in our reception foyer.
Discounted drinks package if you’d like to arrange these for your guests in advance.
Engagement Shoot Access
Free venue access for your engagement shoot (subject to venue staffing & availability).
Winter Warmer Offer
Our Winter Warmer offer gives you £350 off packages for new wedding bookings which take place between October and March.
Discounted venue hire for the night before, if you’d like to set up the evening prior (subject to availability).
Space for you to drop off / collect those few essential boxes before and after your wedding.
Discounted hotel accommodation for you and your guests.
A little light mind-reading…
If we were to guess the top ten questions you might have about having your wedding at Victoria Hall, they would be these:
Q1: I'd like to see more of the rooms!
Sure thing! The Rooms page goes into specific detail on each of the rooms, with images, floorplans, capacities and potential uses. You can also download our Wedding Brochure or email us to have one posted to you.
In addition to arranging site visits, we also have regular Wedding Open Days / Evenings, where you can see the venue set out with furniture to help you visualise your wedding here. To hear about future open evenings, sign up to our mailing list.
You are welcome to drop in to any of these open days / evenings, or to book a time with one of our booking team, call us on 01274 327305.
Q2: Can I bring in my own caterer & suppliers?
Yes, you can.
We have a wonderful range of Recommended Suppliers to help you, but you’re not obliged to use any of them. The only exception is our licensed in-house bar, which must be used for all events which serve alcohol.
If your caterer doesn’t know the venue already, we ask that they come down beforehand to get a clear idea of the space available, and for them to fill out our Catering Policy & Application Form.
Q3: Do you have parking and accommodation?
Alas, when he built Saltaire, Sir Titus Salt didn’t bless us with our own car park, but there are Parking Options nearby. We have excellent transport links, with Saltaire train station (direct trains to Leeds and Bradford) and bus routes on our doorstep.
We don’t have accommodation on site, but we’ve arranged a great discounted deal for you with a wonderful nearby hotel.
Q4: What does the wedding package include?
We know all the essential elements you’ll need for your wedding, with plenty of flexibility to make it your own too.
Here’s what we include:
Someone to answer all your questions about getting married and planning the day
You’ll have an excellent wedding coordinator who knows the venue and can answer your questions, steer you, advise you and help save you money!
Your room hire needs to include time to decorate your rooms and tables, and for your caterers to prepare your lovely meal before you and your guests arrive. Our room hire times take this into account. We also make sure you have a kitchen prep area for your caterers.
Dedicated Ceremony Room
Our packages are available with or without a ceremony room, but if you’re getting married here, you’ll need a separate room for the ceremony. (If you are getting married here, you’ll also need to contact Bradford Registry Office to book a registrar – their number is 01274 432151).
White linen tablecloths
We include table cloths for all tables, including ceremony room, wedding breakfast, and any others your need (e.g, cake & gift tables).
Additional staffing is needed for during the ceremony (this is a Registry Office requirement) and for larger events; this is included in your package as well.
We provide AV for your speeches and, if you’d like it, background music (your bands / DJ will still need to bring in their own kit)
Discounted Drinks Package
Our licensed venue bar can offer reduced drinks packages for welcome drinks, your toast and bubbly / wine for your meal if you’d like to arrange this in advance.
The bonuses we mentioned earlier are available for wedding packages too, a little treat from us to you.
If our existing packages aren’t exactly what you need, just let us know and we can create a bespoke one for you.
If you’re thinking of a Winter wedding, we also offer a special Winter Warmer Offer, with £350 off our wedding packages for weddings taking place between October and March.
This is a new offer which applies to new bookings – just mention it at the time of booking for the discount!
Q5: How expensive is your bar?
Our in house bar, The Alpaca Bar, is provided by our lovely bar team and the prices are comparable to local bars (and less expensive than hotel prices!)
We’ve also arranged a deal with the bar team so, as part of your wedding package, you can pre-order drinks for your guests at a reduced rate.
Q6: Will anyone else be in the venue on our wedding day?
It’s possible, depending on which rooms you have booked. However, if there are other events, we always let other hirers know there is a wedding on, and our Lion and Alpaca packages each take a floor of the venue, so you shouldn’t be disturbed.
We can also offer exclusivity of the venue, just ask about our Belwarp (whole venue) package.
Q7: What time can we have our wedding until?
As we’re in the heart of the village of Saltaire, all events must finish at midnight. The bar service ends at 11.30pm and music must be off by 11.45pm.
Q8: Is there flat level access to the venue?
Yes, although we have front steps, there’s flat level access with lifts to all floors from our Lockwood Street entrance.
We also have flat level access to toilets for both floors of rooms.
Q9: Do you do weddings with 'sittings' arrangements?
We’re sorry, but we can’t do ‘sittings’ (e.g., with the room set out for 180 guests but with 800 or so guests coming and going during the day) – we just don’t have the capacity.
We need to ensure the guest numbers are within safe limits for fire regulations, that your caterers have enough space to cook for all your guests and, as we don’t have a dedicated car park, that the volume of cars doesn’t have a negative impact on our neighbour’s residential parking.
We’re sorry, but this is one we can’t negotiate on.
However, do often host large pre-wedding events of up to 180 guests. Please ask for details!
Q10: What key information do I need to know about booking our wedding with you?
We’ve compiled our key FAQ of practical information for hiring the venue – just ask if we’ve not covered something!
Q11: One more question! Why should we choose Victoria Hall for our wedding?
Lovely question, thanks for asking!
We think you’ll be impressed with our gorgeous historical venue (we regularly hear ‘Oh Wow’ when folks see the rooms for the first time) and we think your guests will be too. Victoria Hall has seen many precious memories created over the years, and you’d be a part of that story too.
We want to look after you; we know how important your wedding is and we genuinely care about making it perfect for you. The happier and more relaxed you are, the more you’ll enjoy your wedding day surrounded by love. We’re here to help, inspire and delight you.
Finally, having your wedding with us helps keep the venue alive. As a Grade II* listed building with a wonderful history in a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we think Victoria Hall’s pretty special. We’re owned by a charitable trust and all our funding comes from venue hires, so while you’re saying ‘I do’, you’ll also be ensuring the future of Victoria Hall for future generations.
Tempting, but want more assurances?
We want you to be confident about booking Victoria Hall, so here’s our guarantee.
When you provisionally book the venue, we’ll reserve your date for up to 2 weeks. You can come back and see the rooms again, bring along your Mum or best friend and ask any other questions. We want you to feel that excited buzz when you know you’ve chosen your wedding venue!
To hold the date and confirm the booking, we ask for a £500 deposit, with the balance of your booking due 4 weeks prior to your wedding day.
- Use of York Room, Glen Room and Dale Room Wedding Coordinator Up to 12 hours hire time Dedicated Ceremony Room White linen tablecloths Additional staffing Portable Music Player Discounted drinks offer …and a few extra surprises thrown in!
- Add York Room set up the night before (1830-2200hrs) for £200
- Getting married somewhere else? The package without ceremony is £2,200
- Price includes VAT
- Use of Main Hall, Kitchenette, Evans Room & York Room* Wedding Coordinator Up to 12 hours hire time Dedicated Ceremony Room* White linen tablecloths Additional staffing Main Hall AV system Portable Music Player Discounted drinks offer …and a few extra surprises thrown in!
- Add Main Hall set up the night before (1830-2200hrs) for £250
- Getting married somewhere else? The package without ceremony is £2,800 (*excludes use of York Room)
- Price includes VAT
- Exclusivity! Use of the venue (Main Hall, Kitchenette, Evans, York, Dale and Glen Rooms) Wedding Coordinator Up to 12 hours hire time Choice of Ceremony Room White linen tablecloths Additional staffing Main Hall AV system Portable Music Player Discounted drinks offer …and a few extra surprises thrown in!
- Add set up the night before (1830-2200hrs) in the Main Hall for £250, or York room for £200.
- Price includes VAT
It’s easy to get started.
Call us on 01274 327305 (the office is normally open Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to check dates or arrange a site visit. We do evening and weekend site visits too.
Just so we’re open and clear, there’s no obligation with our site visits! It’s just a chance for you to get to know us and Victoria Hall, and see if can picture your wedding day here.
Once you’ve booked a site visit or called us, this is what we’ll do:
- Show you around the venue and have a chat about your plans – it’s useful to have an idea of how many guests you’ll be inviting. By the end of this, you’ll have a fair idea of which package is the best fit for you.
- We’ll check if the rooms are available and give you alternative dates if they aren’t.
- If you’re happy, we’ll provisionally book the rooms for you for a fortnight.
- Let us know when you’re ready to confirm the booking and we can take card payments or BACS transfers – once it’s paid, the date is yours!
- Our wedding coordinator will get in touch to start the ball rolling..!
- The balance of your booking is due four weeks prior to your event.
- On the day of your wedding, we’ll be the folks with a big massive smile for you both, and the venue will look gorgeous, ready to impress your guests!
We get booked up pretty quickly for Saturday Weddings throughout the year, so check your diary and email us or call on 01274 327305 to come and visit the venue.
We also have Wedding Open Days / Evenings, where you can see the venue set out with furniture to help you visualise your wedding here. To hear about future open evenings, sign up to our mailing list.